Everyone should have access to primary education, medical services, a bible in their own language, health education, food, clothing and clean water. In the Marshall Islands that is not always the case and we feel that these are the areas that God is directing us towards.
- Education: On Ebeye, there are over 2000 school-aged children that are not attending school.
- Bible poverty: Many do not have a bible written in their mother tongue of Marshallese
- Diabetes: This disease is seen as an “epidemic” in the Marshall Islands
- Food and Clothing: Many of the inhabitants of the outer islands only see a supply boat 3 to 4 times a year
- Reading Glasses: Little to no opportunity for Optometry consultation
- Medical Services: Wound care, Primary Health care and the education about health is sometimes unavailable or non-existent
- Menstrual Health Services: There are very few options to supplies and education about menstrual health for women
Changing Focus Ministries feels driven to make a difference in peoples spiritual, physical and mental well-being.